II. Information Collected
a. General Scope of Information Collected
We collect personal information about You when You register as a User with the Learning Room and also when You use or interact with the Learning Room. When You register with the Learning Room, We may ask for information such as the Your name, Your address, Your phone number, Your email address, and any additional information necessary to facilitate Your use and interaction with the Learning Room.
Every time You log into the Learning Room, We are aware of Your identity and may associate the log-in information with the information provided by You at registration.
When You use or interact with the Learning Room, Our servers automatically receive and record information that Your web browser sends Us. Our servers may retain information such as Your web request, log-in credentials, Internet Protocol address, referring website addresses, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request, and cookies that uniquely identify Your browser.
When You use or interact with the Learning Room, We send cookies to Your computer that uniquely identify Your browser. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but You can change this setting to refuse some or all cookies. If You change this setting, some features in the Learning Room may not function properly or at all.
We collect email and all other communications You send to Us.
We collect all information, including personally identifying information, You post or send through the Learning Room.
We collect information concerning the usage of hyperlinks available on or through the Learning Room.
b. Special Conditions for Certain Minors
It is against the Terms for anyone under the age of 13 to become a User of the Learning Room, unless a public school, public school district, or eligible private school has registered the User’s account on behalf of the under-13 User after obtaining the express consent of the under-13 User’s parent or legal guardian in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If You are under the age of 13, you should not Yourself register as a User and You should not submit, post, or transmit any personally identifiable information to Us or through the Learning Room.
III. Use of Information Collected
You hereby acknowledge and agree that We may use the information collected from the Learning Room for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing customized webpages, services, products, and advertising to Our Users, and improving the quality these offerings
- Tracking Users’ trends, interests, disinterests, and search methods and preferences
- Processing User inquiries and responding to User requests
- Auditing, researching, and analyzing information to maintain and protect Our webpages, services, products, and advertising
- Developing new, innovative webpages, services, products, and advertising
- Testing and ensuring the technical functioning of Our webpages, services, products, advertising, and network
- Making Our webpages, services, products, and advertising easier to use by eliminating the need for Users to repeatedly enter the same information
- Providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and contacting Users
IV. Processing Information
We process personal information on Our servers in the United States, and in the future, may process it in other countries. For some Users, We may process such information on a server outside of the User’s own country.
V. User Choice
You do not have to submit personal information to Us. However, if You choose not to submit this information, We may not be able to provide You access to the Learning Room.
You are also free to edit Your contact and other personal information on the Learning Room website at any time.
You may also cancel or terminate Your User account with the Learning Room, subject to the Terms in effect at the time.
VI. Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not rent, sell, or share Your personal information with third parties except (A) as necessary to provide services through the Learning Room that You have specifically requested, (B) when We have Your permission, or (C) under the following circumstances:
- In order to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations, legal processes, or government requests
- In order to enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof
- In order to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, illegal activity, or technical issues
- In order to respond to User support requests
- In order to respond to claims that any information violates the rights of third parties
- In order to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Learning Room, its Users, and the general public or
- If We are acquired by or merge with another company and information about You will be transferred, in which case we will notify You before information about You is transferred
Notwithstanding, We may share with third parties certain aggregate, non-personal information that is not associated or linked with any individually identifiable User, such as statistics related to the size and attendance of certain online classes, the number of times published learning materials are downloaded, or the number of times links are selected or specific pages are visited.
VII. Information Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of/to data. These include physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information.
We limit access to personal information about You to those who We believe reasonably need such access to maintain and expand the quality of the Learning Room. All individuals receiving any personal information about You are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to termination or criminal prosecution if they fail to meet such obligations.
Upon registering as a User, We will provide you access credentials for You to access the Learning Room. You hereby acknowledge and agree that You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access credentials, including Your username and password. You agree to notify Us immediately regarding any unauthorized use of your User account or access credentials or regarding any other breach of security.
In addition, You agree to ensure that You properly exit from Your account at the end of each session with the Learning Room, especially if You access the Learning Room from a shared computing device.
Upon receipt of a User complaint, We will endeavor to contact the complaining User to address his or her concerns. To the extent an agreeable answer or solution cannot be reached with the User, We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information.